kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world. no matter what you look like.
I don’t care if it’s a sad good-bye or a bad good-bye, but, when I leave a place, I like to know I’m leaving it. —J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
Can we please just stop saying “special needs” when we mean “accommodations that level the playing field so disabled peeps can get their shit done”? I don’t have special needs. I have reasonable needs. I don’t need you to make school and work easy for me. I don’t need easier tasks. I need to be provided with the tools to make tasks doable. That’s not “special.”
Being drunk does not excuse cheating.
Being drunk does not excuse rape.
Being drunk does not excuse being an asshole.
Being drunk does not excuse shitty and destructive behavior.
Being drunk is not an excuse.
Control yourself or don’t drink.
Probably the most important post of 2013.
I don’t want this post to die. I want this post to continue to go around even when tumblr turns into myspace. Even then, I want this post cycling because it is that important.
25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool —
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Claude Monet , Glycines ,100 x 300 cm ( 1917 - 1920 ) oil on canvas
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles